Putting You Back In Control of Land Ownership
In an increasingly urbanized world where economic expansion and unbridled population density impact the quality of life, sound land governance is the key toward the achievement of sustainable development and quality of life.
Land governance involves institutions which govern the policies, processes procedures by which land, property and other natural resources are managed. This includes resolutions on four key fundamentals of sustainable development:
Land Governance Practice
OCR’s technical abilities as a leading compliance software developer combined with access to project funding has successfully ventured in land governance applications. Our goal is to play a vital role in transformational change to spur economic development and improve the quality of life with significant social impact investment.
OCR, through WCT, its UAE-based subsidiary, invested in the deployment of:
- A cloud-based Digital Land Management System for Ugandan land registration.
- With owner biometric ID vetting and credentialing.
- Real estate transaction management.
- Individual account payment enablement using a mobile app.
Our multi-year Public-Private Partnership with the Buganda Land Board of the Kingdom of Buganda provides a unique blend of the public sector interest with the private sector goals. Our technology-based approach to linking land ownership and land registration provides a binding alignment between the various stakeholders:
The system provides a comprehensive ‘security’ solution:
- Reduction of land disputes
- Development incentive
- Simplified conveyance
- Purchaser assurance
- Land capitalization
- Security of tenure
- Asset recognition
- Certainty of title
- Registered title
- Smart card ID
The PPP arrangement offers significant institutional advantages:
- Technical assistance and train-the-trainer program
- Biometric identification of landowners
- Profit sharing and budget relief
- Fair property tax assessment
- Redevelopment economics
- Easy registration process
- Privately funded system
- Ease of doing business
- Legal evidence of title
- Elevated legitimacy
- Automated process
- Greater efficiency
In Mexico, the national Constitution mandates that local governments known as ‘municipios’ manage the property cadasters to collect property taxes and real estate transactions. The 32 State Governments are responsible for the Public Registry of Land. The Federal Government has developed an Optimal Cadastre Model which is to be implemented by local government (‘municipios’).
The application of the Optimal Cadastre Model is challenging in financial terms as well as in technology application. The Federal Government has limits on budget allocations and distribution; the State Government also have financial constraints and the municipal authorities often lack the technology, the know-how, or the funds to upgrade a fragmented cadastre infrastructure and to improve the tax collection system for the ultimate benefits of their constituents.
The Mexican Institute of Cadastre, known for its Spanish acronym “INMECA” is the de facto leader and a non-profit organization championing the cause of the ‘municipios’ and advising them on the best application of the cadastre modernization program. Applying creative financial engineering, OCR Land Governance (México) is now offering a comprehensive self-funding solution to meet the standards of the Optimal Cadastre Model. Our solution, initially targeting 150 municipalities, is based on three critical building blocks:
- Data-driven drone cartography creates a multi-layered imagery system supplemented by GIS information
- Using high-speed and specialized scanning devices, we are digitalizing millions of cadastre files for easy electronic retrieval
- Focused census taking scientifically sample and validate the cartography information
- Software development to automate all cadastre activity processes and to integrate data from cartography, census, and digitalization activities
- Cloud-based application to provide data security and privacy rights
- Mobile application to simplify the user interface
- Train-the-Trainer program
- On-demand technical support
- Equitable management of property taxes
- Elevated constituent relationship and public relations
- International project management experience and domain expertise
- Public-Private Participation with long-term funding
- Significant social impact investment
- Enhanced property tax collection
- Multi-year system amortization schedule
OCR Land Governance (México) is committed to support all municipios in achieve their goal of cadastre modernization as mandated by the Mexican federal government and promoted by INMECA.